by Larisa Severson inMagazine committee member, Photography by Danielle Carty
1) For Mashed Potatoes: Peel, dice and boil potatoes until fork tender and mash adding butter, salt & pepper to taste.
2) For Oven Roasted Asparagus: On a baking sheet lay the Asparagus and drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper. Roast in oven at 325 until soft and tender. About 10 Minutes.
3) For Steaks: Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil. When the butter melts, add the steaks to the skillet and sear on both sides until a really nice color, about 1 minute per side.
Place the skillet in the oven to finish cooking the steaks. Preheated to 400 degrees. Cook until medium rare, 4 to 5 minutes. Cover loosely in foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
4) For the shrimp: Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté until pink and dark golden brown. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Set aside
5) For Hollandaise: I used a Knorr Hollandaise Sauce Packet and followed the directions on the back of the package.
6) Plating: Place each filet steak on a plate on top of a dollop of mashed potatoes and place three to four asparagus spears on top. Pile on some saute shrimp and drizzle on some hollandaise Sprinkle on the parsley and serve
7) For Desert: Any flavor instant pudding. Following the directions for pudding and allow to thicken. Cut a thawed premade pound cake into bite size cubes. I used a stem less wine glass but any dish or glass will work, Alternate adding the pudding and pound cake until full and top with whip cream.